Before the arrival of Europeans, Native Americans inhabited Northern Ohio for thousands of years. Cleveland Metroparks Cultural History Interpreter Karen Lakus introduces you to these first people and shares information and artifacts regarding their time in the Cleveland area. (more…)
Archive for February, 2012
- Friday, February 17, 2012 at 7:30 pm
- Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 3 pm
- Manrico: Dominick Rodriguez, tenor
- Azucena: Christina Carr, mezzo-soprano
- Il Conte di Luna: Brian Keith Johnson, baritone
- Leonora: Dorota Sobieska, soprano
- Ferrando: Jason Budd, bass
- Ines: Nicole Wong, soprano
- Ruiz: Oswaldo Iraheta, tenor
- Un vecchio zingaro: Joel Rhoads, bass
- Un messo: Philip Formes, tenor
- Opera Circle Chorus, Jacek Sobieski, Chorus Master
- Cleveland Women’s Orchestra, under the baton of Robert Cronquist
- Stage Directions: Robert Cronquist and Dorota Sobieska
A quintessential part of the opera canon, the production will be fully staged, with soloists, chorus, orchestra, sets, and costumes. Presented in the original Italian with English translation projected above the stage, Il trovatore will once again reassert its place as a staple of operatic repertoire.
Follow the tragic love of the noble Leonora and the troubadour Manrico. Thwarted by the jealous Count di Luna, its course commingles with the shifting fortunes of military legions caught in the conflicted feudalism of a turbulent medieval Spain, the deeply-felt piety of its religious orders, and the sinister tales of the elderly Captain of the Guard, Ferrando. Verdi’s superb scoring and soaring melodies bring the story to an ultimate, dreadful cadence, but not without a stupefying plot twist orchestrated by the ancient Gypsy enchantress, Azucena.
- $55 Reserved Sponsor Seats
- $20 General Admission
- $10 Student
Tickets will also be available at the door.
For information, call Opera Circle at 216 441 2822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday only: round-trip bus from Beachwood Place available.
Sunday only: dinner served at Bohemian Hall before the performance. Call 216 662 6130 for reservations.